Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Two time National Champion!!!!

I did it!



I accomplished a several of my long term goals on sunday the 19th of April. Not only did I manage to win the highly competitive singles championship (without losing a any playoff games) but Doug Grimsley and I managed to win the doubles championship as well. This was not new for Doug, in fact, he won last year with Leo McBride. It had always been a pipe dream to win both championships in one day. I was super excited that I had two chances at a National title, I never hoped to win both.

It was mostly a result of consitently hitting in. During the last few days of the tournament I managed to hit around 75% of all hit-ins under 20 yards, which is remarkable for me. My long shot peaked at just the right time. I've always enjoyed the saying, "it's better to be lucky than good".

No comments: